MANAGER: Darryl Land (Manager)
LOCATION: Pony Hills, Roma QLD
Hewitt is a progressive, innovative, and expanding large-scale livestock enterprise recognised for employing best management practice across its operations. The company has over 40 years’ experience in successfully owning and operating grazing assets throughout Queensland, Central Australia, and New South Wales.
The Farm Overseer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of our fully certified organic irrigation farm. This is an autonomous role liaising and taking direction from the Aggregation manager. The role presents the opportunity to grow your skills and evolve the farm. The role comes with accommodation and all meals supplied.
ROLE SPECIFICS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-ordinate and carry out all planting and harvesting activities
- Responsible for the ordering and procurement of supplies including seed
- Manage irrigation program
- Responsible for maintenance of plant and equipment
- Liaise with customers for hay and commodity sales
- Potential to work with the stock team on occasion
- Manage our organic fertilizer composting program
- A strong work ethic and the flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Experience with modern tractors and implements
- Experience in cropping and irrigation management
- High level of attention to detail
- Livestock handling experience is advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
Day rate will be paid based on experience. Hewitt are an employer of choice who encourage a positive social life through internal and external events. We welcome people who are looking to forge a career in agriculture and encourage involvement in discussions on development and growth of the business.
To apply, please email a resume noting work experience and a least two industry specific referee’s to [email protected]