Hewitt is a diverse and growing agribusiness managing over 2million hectares, and forming part of a larger beef, lamb, and pork integrated supply chain. Creating high claims, high quality, well credentialed products with a focus on sustainable production practices.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance team, located in Brisbane.
This role will be responsible for overseeing all operations of the Accounts Payable (AP) team to ensure efficient and accurate processing and payment of stock, capital, and operating expenses. This position will be influential in business improvement initiatives, delivering high quality end to end accounts payable management and encouraging a workplace culture of collaboration and teamwork.
Role Specifics & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders including departmental and operational managers.
- Lead the AP team in end-to-end high-volume AP and drive team KPIs.
- Manage all supplier relationships and enquiries in a positive and professional manner ensuring clear communication and flow of information.
- Ensure all invoices are entered and suppliers paid within agreed timeframes.
- Assist with credit card processing and staff expense claims.
- Review of payment runs and uploading payments to bank / payment portals.
- Perform supplier account reconciliations and resolve differences.
- Review aging of supplier deposits and claims.
- Ensure GST codes and accounting principles are applied adequately.
- Managing supplier payment runs and authorisation processes ensuring data entry integrity checks.
- Maintain active supplier databases including credit applications and verifications.
- Responsible for month-end processes, reconciliations, and commentary.
- Provide input to weekly cash flow relating to accounts payable.
- Assist with weekly and month end activities.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Assist with reforecast for reporting purposes.
- Assist with annual financial audit requirements.
- Undertaking ad hoc project work as directed.
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system and lead the implementation of credit card and expense management software.
- Ensure existing processes are streamlined and efficient.
- Support Property Managers with administrative tasks as directed.
- Adhere to internal control policies including practicing fraud prevention processes.
Skills & Experience
- 6 years + experience in AP and/or an accounting environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading an AP team.
- Advanced MS Office suite skills.
- Exposure to Reckon Accounts advantageous.
- Strong work ethic
- Great interpersonal skills and willing to join a dynamic team.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise and work efficiently in a fast-paced and robust environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Positive attitude and professionally presented.
- Discrete, and tactful.