REPORTS TO: General Manager- Environment & Sustainability
Hewitt is a diverse and growing agribusiness managing over 2million hectares, and forming part of a larger beef, lamb, and pork integrated supply chain. Creating high claims, high quality, well credentialed products with a focus on sustainable production practices.
The Sustainability Project and Reporting Officer will focus on the management and technical reporting of outcomes for the environment and sustainability team. This will include elements of project management and general support across the business to communicate on our sustainability journey. Demonstrated practical experience developing, delivering, and managing technical projects across sustainability, emission reduction and biodiversity is essential for this role.
ROLE SPECIFICS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design monitoring and reporting programs related to sustainable agricultural practices.
- Liaise with the Rangelands Production Officer and operational teams on livestock production projects.
- Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for data collection.
- Mapping of project areas and natural values.
- Assist management in developing environmental, sustainability and ESG reports.
- Develop practical solutions for improving sustainability outcomes related to beef, lamb and pork production.
- Develop trials, projects, and programs for improving natural capital, carbon storage, and livestock production incorporating regenerative agricultural practices.
- Support Hewitt management to communicate and achieve strategy outcomes.
- Development of project and reporting budgets.
- Assessment of agricultural industry frameworks and certification standards.
CRITERIA & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications with demonstrated project management experience including budgets and external consultant engagement.
- Experience in completing sustainability projects.
- Experience in technical reporting and data analysis.
- Understanding of integrated livestock production with sustainability outcomes.
- Knowledge of policy and regulatory frameworks related to livestock production.
- Attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in field-based sustainability project work.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and GIS/mapping apps.
- C Class licence
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental project requirements including:
- carbon removal
- emissions avoidance
- landscape and habitat restoration
- Carbon and environmental project development experience.
- Knowledge of soil health, regenerative agriculture, and landscape management.
- Experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and mapping tools.
- General knowledge of the environmental challenges facing the agricultural industry.
Hewitt is a trusted high-claims, sustainable business that promotes career progression. We emphasise a great social environment and encourage all employees to participate in community events including sports, campdrafts, rodeos, races, and in-house social events.
To apply, please send a resume listing two industry specific referees to [email protected]. For all queries, please contact Nathan Moore on 0409 473 323.